High Efficiency QPRESS® Rotary Screw Press Technology for Gisborne STP, New Zealand
December 7, 2023
The Gisborne STP was recently upgraded to increase reliability of the Sludge Processing System and HUBER QPRESS® was selected due to its proven track record throughout New Zealand, energy efficiency, high performance and all stainless steel fabrication.
- Dewatering of thickened sludge from 1.5 to 18 – 20%DS
- Greater than 95% capture with no need for downstream filtrate treatment
- Fully enclosed system
- 83% volume reduction of the liquid sludge
- Very low washwater requirement (less than 700 L/h)
- Higher cake solids reduces CO2 emissions associated with road transport
- Low energy demand reduces CO2 emissions by 90% as compared to other high speed technologies
- Slow screw speed of 0.2 – 0.7 rpm
- Complete stainless steel fabrication including the base frame and main case
- All enclosed with hinged lids to allow inspection and maintenance
- Triple stage wedgewire basket, clog free design with high durability
- Patented internal wiper has demonstrated greater than 3 year life in ANZ applications
- No need for further downstream treatment of filtrate to achieve 95% capture
QPRESS® is a sludge dewatering technology that results in 85 – 95% volume reduction of liquid sludges produced in water and wastewater treatment, leading to a reduction in transport costs.
The unit is available in four sizes to cater for a variety of capacities and a containerized version, HySludge® is also available.
Please contact Hydroflux Epco NZ on 09 352 2052 or visit www.hydrofluxepco.nz for further information.
QPRESS® is a registered trademark of HUBER SE
HySludge® is a registered trademark of Hydroflux Epco Pty Ltd
The Hydroflux Group aims to deliver the highest level of engineering and scientific know-how to the emerging issues of sustainability, climate adaptation and environmental protection with a specific focus on water and wastewater.
As part of its vision and mission, Hydroflux has always taken its climate responsibility seriously. In 2022, Hydroflux became Australia’s first water treatment and technology company to achieve Climate Active carbon neutral certification for its organisation and products. It knows that partnering with customers and clients is the most significant impact it can have in its journey.
The Group employs over 100 staff and operates throughout Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific Islands, with office locations in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Auckland, Suva and Portsmouth.