QPRESS® Delivers Outstanding Performance on Granular Aerobic Sludge Process
February 20, 2023
The Longford Sewage Treatment Plant was recently upgraded to include an aerobic granular activated sludge process. The facility will result in better environmental outcomes by improving the quality of effluent discharged from the plant and reduce odour.
Hydroflux Epco supplied and commissioned a HUBER QPRESS® to dewater the excess sludge produced from the granular process. The excess granular sludge is anaerobically digested and then dewatered using low speed HUBER QPRESS® technology.
- Cake solids between 20 – 21%DS
- Volume reduction 85 – 88%
- Polymer Dose Rate of 12 kg/t
- Processing Capacity of 7kL/h
- Operational on both undigested and digested sludge
- Average screw speed of 0.4 rpm, 1.5 kW main drive
- Max screw speed of 1 rpm
- Very low wash water demand
- All 316SS fabrication
- QPRESS® is Australia’s first carbon neutral sludge dewatering system, as certified by Climate Active Australia
QPRESS® is low speed mechanical sludge dewatering system that provides high sludge reduction volumes with significant sustainability benefits as compared to high-speed alternatives. Over 75 QPRESS® units are now operating in Australian and New Zealand sewage and industrial wastewater treatment plants.
QPRESS® is registered trademark of HUBER SE
The Hydroflux Group consist of eleven specialist companies which aim to deliver the highest level of engineering and scientific knowhow to issues of sustainability, climate adaption and environmental protection with a specific focus on water and wastewater.
The Group employs over 100 people and operates throughout Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific with offices located in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Auckland, Suva and Portsmouth.