Hydroflux Utilities Introduces FlocBloc Via The Acquisition of Environmental Warehouse
November 4, 2022
Hydroflux Utilities are delighted to announce the acquisition of Environmental Warehouse. This valuable acquisition adds FlocBloc and many other unique products to Hydroflux Utilities’ already comprehensive range of specialty water treatment chemicals.
What is FlocBloc?
FlocBloc provides a simple and convenient method for applying flocculant polymers to water requiring clarification without the need for complicated or expensive dosing systems.
FlocBloc consists of fine granules of powder grade flocculant dispersed in a non-toxic and readily water-soluble binding polymer. As water flows over the Bloc, flocculant is released which combines with the sediment, causing the sediment particles to agglomerate so they settle rapidly, leaving behind clear treated water.
DamClear FlocBlocs are ideal for dosing flocculant for water clarification in many applications and are suitable for environmentally sensitive applications. Some of the most common uses are:
- Construction sites – Clarification of stormwater on building sites, and commercial & residential developments.
- Road construction – Clarification of stormwater run-off in sediment retention basins for road, rail & tunnel construction.
- Dam water – Clarification of clay contaminated river & dam water for livestock, irrigation & horticulture, and for aesthetic improvement.
- Industrial wastewater – Clarification of trade & industrial wastewater to remove solids.
- Mines & Quarries – Clarification of stormwater run-off from mining operations and stockpiles found at stone, rock, sand & gravel, and mineral quarries. Clarification of water from drilling operations.
The Hydroflux Group consist of eleven specialist companies which aim to deliver the highest level of engineering and scientific knowhow to the emerging issues of sustainability, climate adaptation and environmental protection with a specific focus on water and wastewater.
The Group employs over 100 staff and operates throughout Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific Islands with office locations in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Auckland, Suva and Portsmouth.